As a private asset manager with more than 100 years of service to clients, Nuveen brings together two great legacies to help investors around the world succeed. Our parent, TIAA, pioneered retirement plans for teachers and other non-profit institutions, and Nuveen helped build America’s infrastructure through municipal finance.
To best serve our clients and help them reach their outcome goals, we have created a unique structure that offers the scale of a large firm and the specialist expertise of investment affiliates with independent processes and cultures. And we lead by example, often investing alongside our clients. Our standout capabilities include generating income for retirement, real assets, alternatives and responsible investing.
Diversity of thought, people and investment products is critical to our clients’ investment success – and to our own. Every employee brings a unique background and expertise that adds to our world view and expands our capabilities. This diversity is what empowers Nuveen to deliver outcomes aligned with each client’s needs and values.
With a focus on becoming the world’s premier provider of investment solutions for individual and institutional investors alike, we are in a constant state of change. Leveraging the rich history of parent TIAA as well as the track record and capabilities of our investment affiliates, Nuveen is poised for growth. With a solid foundation established, we’re moving across geographic borders to develop unique, responsible and high-performing outcome-based products and solutions. So as our global brand of investment excellence and responsibility continues to develop, we are focused on attracting high-performing people to help drive our evolution.
• In conjunction with the Head of Learning and Development, create and implement an education strategy and business plan for the Global Institutional business that aligns with their business strategy
• Customize learning needs for the institutional marketplace that adapts to the idiosyncrasies of a global platform
• Develop a strong understanding of the firm’s investment strategies and capabilities relevant for the global institutional space (alternatives, credit, UCITs, etc.)
• Work closely with key business partners across the organization to create, edit and facilitate educational modules on Nuveen products and asset classes (new product launches, portfolio updates, asset class and market review, solutions, firm initiatives and other investment related content)
• Enhance the new hire Phase 1 program to align with business needs and foster connectivity to the broader organization and among the institutional channels
• Assist in the redesign of a scalable PM/CPM process that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness across all NAS distribution channels; develop best practices for the teams; monitor and enhance the platform overtime
• Research and develop selling skills content that is applicable to the global institutional space; implement and reinforce to ensure understanding
• Leverage technology to bring relevant and timely information to the team; assist the team in using appropriate technological resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
• Facilitate cross pollination of ideas, success stories and processes between the US and International marketplace; ensure consistency of messaging and process across the platforms
• Develop a mock finals presentation process to maximize success and increase win percentage
• Travel within the markets periodically to stay abreast of current trends, education/knowledge gaps and opportunities for improvement
• Coach sales professionals and leaders on best practices regarding products, market knowledge, selling skills and leading, managing and coaching
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience
• Significant industry experience required
• Experience working with alternative investments and/or institutional clients in a Learning and Development/Training capacity
• Learning & Development or instructional design experience essesntial
• Ability to facilitate, deliver and assessment to a sophiscated and highly experienced audience
• Insatiable curiosity and appetite
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently on projects and a self-starter; strong time management skills
• Recent work experience gain within a large, matrixed asset management organisation
• Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization across multiple business areas
• Demonstration of product/investment knowledge; CFA preferred.
• Knowledge of, and experience with investment strategies across Alternatives, Credit and UCITs
• Strong sales and client service orientation
• Ability to effectively communicate complex investment assets and strategies
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills
• Ability to establish and build effective working relationships with both internal and external clients
• Demonstration of product/investment knowledge; CFA or CAIA designation advantageous