Global Portfolio Finance Manager
Global Portfolio Finance Manager Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Global Portfolio Finance Manager to join HSBC Technology.
This role will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes, leading and participating in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financial control. What you will be doing;
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Responsibility for the quality of financial reports and analysis, across owned regions and entities.
- Develop broad relationships with key stakeholders, across a range of internal and external functions.
- Further knowledge in markets and products of specialisation, develop reputation as a Finance expert in related area of expertise.
- Innovate to optimise financial processes and compiling reports, driving efficiencies and cost savings.
- Lead, coach, train and develop employees, both on and off shore.
- Lead team responsible for the production and reporting of financial data processing and analysis and driving process efficiency within the governance framework.
- Design and oversee plan to ensure that the team adheres to the period close timetable and meets all periodic close deadlines.
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA) or accounting education at degree level with full understanding and working knowledge of forecasting of Cash, P&L, capitalisation processes and accruals/prepayments.
- Proven experience of managing monthly forecasting in an IT department, ideally infrastructure, of a large, global corporation.
- Self starter, dedicated and a team player.
- Organised and structured way of working.
- Ideally Global Banking and change management experience.
The location for this role is 8 Canada Square, London. Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Recruitment Helpdesk
Telephone: +44 2078328500