A high growth asset manager is looking to strengthen their senior finance team by recruiting a Group Financial Controller to look at a Europe-Wide remit.
Dartmouth are partnering with one of Europe’s leading alternative investment firms. Due to continuous expansion they require a Group Financial Controller to join their small, but growing group finance team. Based in the West-End of London the role will offer a huge opportunity to gain broad exposure and the chance to business partner with senior executives from day one.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of the group accounting team, working closely with the Director of Group Finance, senior board members and country heads. The role will be varied in scope, encompassing group accounting, commercial finance for the business as well as establishment of new structures. It will suit someone with a solid accounting/finance background, interested in widening their scope of responsibilities and in joining an ambitious team to provide best in class service to the business.
- Oversight of the Management Company finance function, financial reporting, FCA filing, HMRC filing and Tax filing with relevant authorities
- Preparation of reporting requirements to the Board and shareholders as required
- Preparation of Group’s external reporting requirements in conjunction with the Group Accountant
- Preparation of notes and / or primary statements for the Group annual external consolidated financial statements
- Financial accounting and reporting of the Group’s intermediary holding companies
- Manage reporting on business performance and other matters to the Board and other internal Committees
- Take the lead on key accounting projects as required
- Day to day liaison with External Auditors
- Maintain and improve the Group’s financial control environment
- Review and reporting of the Group’s P&L exceptional items
- Supporting regional offices with ad-hoc requests including oversight of any legal questions
- Recognized professional accounting qualification- ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Graduate with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a group accounting role within the alternative investment space
- Familiarity with fund structures, related legal documentation and related regulation
- Understanding of underlying asset classes