HR Solutions Officer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
HR Solutions is responsible for the management of the HR Service Centres, the re-engineering of processes and the implementation and maintenance of technology across the department. We manage altogether more than 500 processes, touching all HR expertise areas across the globe.
The EMEA HR Solutions team is opening a position based in it's main hub in London to support the management of existing HR processes in other locations.
Forming part of the HR Solutions team, this role will be responsible for aligning existing HR practices across the EMEA region. The function of this role is to optimize processes and technology, and ultimately provide a standardized and improved experience to employees in the region while reducing operational and reputational risk.
Day to day, you will be responsible for analysing the current processes, and identifying opportunities for standardisation, outsourcing and technology solutions. You will design potential improvements and partner with colleagues in HR, IT, and other HR Vendors to implement the solutions required. You will provide support to internal stakeholders (primarily HR Business Partners) throughout the change management process.
The position will report to our EMEA Head of HR Solutions.
You will have:
- Proven track record of change management, business and process analysis and project management from start to finish within HR and ideally the Investment Banking industry.
- An outstanding knowledge of HR processes.
- A proven record of successfully outsourcing processes to third party vendors.
- A process improvement focus and creative mindset – including the ability to analyse a process in detail and propose improvements and efficiencies.
- An in-depth understanding and application of system/project management methodologies across the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- The required technical expertise (e.g. discussing solutions with our HRIT team) and the ability to communicate complex solutions to end users (e.g. selling a new process to our business partners).
You will be:
- Highly organized with a structured work style, methodical thinking, and with strong attention to detail.
- Able to analyse business processes and propose solutions for any area of a project including operational procedures, business processes or IT applications.
- Able to take initiative and display problem solving capability with a can do attitude.
- Able to work well under pressure and with a professional demeanour.
- Effective in communicating and influencing across all levels of the organisation, including management, key business sponsors and with external service providers.
- Able to determine and resolve project slippage and scope changes in respect to the overall project, and prioritise deliverables to ensure milestones are met.
- Confident and able to convincingly structure, summarise, present and defend recommendations both orally and in written report form to all levels of management, including senior stake holders.
- Appropriately assertive with excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Enthusiastic with strong self-motivation, customer/ key stakeholders focus, proactive and willingness to take ownership going the extra mile to achieve high quality of outputs and service.
- Collaborative: MS is a highly collaborative Firm where the multiple participants of projects and initiative work together for the best outcome for the Firm.
- Interested in travelling across the region.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.