This is a senior finance role where you will have responsibility for overseeing finance for the investment management arm of a business who have around £60bn of assets under management. The CFO described this role as the Finance Director for their investment management arm.
In this role you will have an overview of the financial control side of the funds as well as taking a strategic view for the forecasting and planning of the business.
Therefore they are looking for someone who has broad exposure across both financial control and commercial finance with the experience and gravitas to influence at the executive level.
The successful candidate will come from an investment management or other financial institution background with strong financial product knowledge.
To lead all aspects of Finance for the Investment Management business. In particular:
- To support the CEO, Deputy CEO and CIO in the development of strategy and decision making. Review and constructively challenge strategies for the business and the Investment Segment, ensuring they are fully aligned with Group Strategy working with the Group CFO and Group CEO.
- Manage the Investment Management business' strategic planning process, including the preparation, review, approval, and implementation / monitoring of annual 3 year plan and annual budget, working with the Executive and the Group CFO. Identifying, assessing and monitoring risks associated with the plans, including financial, resourcing and structural risks and working with the CEO/ Deputy CEO to manage these.
- Act as a key stakeholder in the decision-making process by providing, in co-operation with the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, high quality financial & KPI reporting / analysis and support to the Exco, Board and Audit and Risk Committee.
- To direct and oversee the Investment Valuations capability to ensure accurate and defendable asset valuations to stakeholders.
- To ensure that new products/ structures are fully reviewed with matrix support from Group Finance functions (particularly Tax and Financial Control) to ensure they can be introduced and maintained in an efficient and well controlled manner.
- To drive, in cooperation with Financial Control and Operations functions, the development of an efficient and well controlled accounting infrastructure enabling control and analysis of asset value/ performance to underpin external reporting accuracy.
- To develop, promote and implement a Value For Money strategy for the business that provides performance outcomes against agreed benchmarks in a cost effective manner. In support of this objective to champion Finance functions within the Investment Management business (particularly FP&A, Tax and Procurement).
- To act as a role model for the business in terms of leadership competencies and financial management.
- Typically the job holder will have significant finance experience in an investment management or other financial institution.
- They will have experience of dealing with and influencing at executive level with the ability to introduce new ways of thinking and dealing with objections.
- They will be skilled in analysing and presenting data that supports and promotes group strategy.