A leading financial institution based in Dublin are looking to hire a Head of Model Validation to join their enterprise risk department
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing validation of the organisations portfolio of Risk models including IRB and IFRS9 models.
Key responsibilities for the role include providing independent and robust challenge of the model development practices within the Group and lead the function in the performance of these duties.
- Lead and direct the independent validation of risk models (both Pillar 1 and Pillar 2), IFRS9 ECL models, and Economic capital and stress test methodologies in the organisation to meet internal and external (generally regulatory) criteria.
- Represent the organisation at meetings with external parties such as the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and Joint Supervisory Team (JST).
- Provide expert leadership to ensure the work of Risk Analysis
- Champion a culture of robust independent challenge to risk models and to advise senior level committees accordingly.
- Design and maintain policies, procedures and methodologies for the Validation function, ensuring that the work of the team is carried out consistently to the highest standards and in line with regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Use your established network of industry contacts and use this to maintain an ongoing understanding of industry trends and approaches and key issues facing the modelling field.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and ensure the impact of these is understood, communicated and prepared for as appropriate.
- 10 years’ experience in an environment involving Credit risk or similar with a strong quantitative background (masters/doctorate in maths/ stats/ economics or other numerate discipline) with proven experience of applying this in a risk and modelling environment
- Experience in capital measurement and a thorough understanding of the legislation surrounding the calculation of capital requirements (CRD/CRR, Basel III/IV etc.)
- Proven experience in leading people with strong influencing, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills with proven experience of collating complex information and presenting this to senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of model risk governance
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply or to have a confidential conversation regarding this mandate call Stephen on 00353 1 563 2330.