IT Programme Manager
IT Programme Manager Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Programme Manager . Brief overview of the business areas
Business Services Technology is concerned with putting in place best in class shared client and reference data services across Global Banking and Markets (GBM). In relation to client data specifically the strategy is to:
- Minimise the cost and operational risk associated with the creation and maintenance of client data required throughout GBM
- Facilitate the aggregation or consolidation of this information for sales, risk management, MI or regulatory purposes
Technology Programme Manager position is a senior manager level role within GB&M Technology and forms part of the Client Data Services Mancom. The focus of the team is to ensure technology delivers a service to HSBC's strategic client data services that meets, if not exceeds their expectations, and act as a dedicated escalation point for Business services. It is also responsible as a function for driving client culture across the IT organisation. This role has primary accountability for the success of Business Services Technology and delivering the client data service. This role is based in London and is responsible for a number of senior employees based in London, New York, Pune, Bangalore and Canada. What you will be doing;
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Initiation; feasibility planning, architecture agreement, high-level planning, scope definition, high-level planning, assembling the team, ensuring the business have completed business cases and that the sponsor is fully engaged). In particular, ensure that the need for user resources and SMEs is agreed up-front
- Managing the plan; managing day-to-day key team members, tracking task completion, modifying the plan to reflect actual progress and ensuring dependencies are understood and proactively managed
- Managing costs; tracking project cost and ensuring material variances are discussed with the sponsor; ensure projected forecasts are kept up to-date
- Managing issues and risks; closing the former on a timely basis and ensuring mitigating actions are in place for major risks
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
- Client reference data, client on-boarding or Operations domains
- Proven track record in managing large multi-location projects in an international investment bank including
- Managing risk and resolving issues
- Tracking and managing expenditure
- Managing people day to day
- Managing distributed teams
- Broad overall understanding of the full investment banking value chain and the context within which EDD operates
- Proven ability to build strong internal and the ability to influence management at all levels; particularly to manage senior stakeholder relationships
- Commercial awareness and experience in vendor management and negotiation
- Experience in delivering change through different methodologies and the experience to know which is appropriate in which circumstance
- Experience of working with Offshore business and development teams
- A passion for excellence; both "doing the right thing" and "doing things right"
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills both to individuals and when presenting to large forums, including MD's and senior stakeholders
- Ability to build a consensus at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to challenge the status quo and suggest viable alternative approaches
- A high level of drive to meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to prioritise, be flexible and respond to changing environments
- Knowledge of the Bank's key systems and in particular the data systems Client Central etc
- Must be willing and able to travel periodically
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.