IT Risk Business Analyst
DEPARTMENT - Risk Information Technology FUNCTIONAL TITLE - IT Risk BA CORP TITLE - Assistant Vice President Company
Jefferies, a global investment bank and securities firm, has served companies and their investors for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in New York City, with offices in more than 25 cities around the world, Jefferies provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage, securities research and asset management. The firm is a leading provider of trade execution in equity, high yield, convertible and international securities for institutional investors and high net worth individuals. Qualifications Primary Responsibilities:
Essential Experience/ Skills:
- Work as a technical BA/PM in Risk Technology.
- Interact with business(Risk managers/Risk operations) to define business requirements.
- Create project scope, business requirement, project plan and test plan.
- Work closely with developers to make them understand requirements and convert business requirements to technical tasks.
- Work closely with developers to implement requirements and deliver the system/module in production.
- Perform initial tests to cover functional requirement before users do their UAT.
- Expected to develop good understanding of current system over a period of time to work closely with developers and provide accurate estimates.
- Interact with business users on a daily basis and provide support as needed
- Strong knowledge of market risk domain like VaR, PnL vectors, various methods to calculate portfolio VaR, sensitivities etc.
- Good understanding of various historic and ad-hoc stress testing scenarios.
- Have similar experience in BA/PM role in financial services industry covering both market and credit risk covering products in all or major asset classes like Equity, Fx, Interest rates and credit.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Working knowledge of general technology platforms such as Unix, SQL, Perl, etc., and ability to read and understand shell scripts.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take a project from start to finish and follow through with post production support if necessary.
- Ability to escalate / follow-up proactively.
- Any programming language like VBA, Python, C#, Java would be a nice plus
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write clearly without any ambiguity.
- Able to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Self-starter with sense of ownership.
- Proactive attitude towards self-development to continuously improve domain knowledge.