Are you interested in working with Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)? Does experimenting with emerging technologies alongside business stakeholders distributed across the globe excite you? Do you want to explore the possibilities of DLT by leading a team to produce working concepts? We’re looking for someone to:
• Lead a team that translates business concepts into technical delivery by planning and preparing Proof-of-Concept projects, providing thought leadership, and advice on a broad scope of DLT use cases
• Collaborate with all UBS business divisions in developing DLT driven hypotheses / business cases and criteria for evaluating success
• Help business stakeholders with varying degrees of technology expertise leverage and understand the value of DLT solutions
• Support the execution and analysis of concept projects through high quality execution of validation stages, with technical evaluations that temper the excitement of technological advancement with a respect for risk mitigation
• Exhibit strong leadership by fostering an enthusiastic innovation team culture
• Be a leader that can balance team management alongside technical delivery responsibilities
You’ll be joining the Distributed Ledger Technology Center of Excellence, part of a growing Chief Digital Office (CDO) organization, where we take ideas from inception to prototype, exploring both knowns and unknowns to hone the business model as well as identify potential risks and issues. As a team, we deliver technology solutions to a diverse set of problems impacting divisions and domains across the firm. You’ll be leading a small team of engineers based in London, while also providing guidance to other development teams across the organization. You will interface with stakeholders across the globe and play an important role in shaping our digital future by maturing successful concept projects to a state where they can become fully funded initiatives for production.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of hands-on experience of architecting and delivering technology solutions in Tier 1 banking environments
• High level of curiosity and awareness of emerging technologies, especially Distributed Ledgers and Blockchain
• Strong leadership qualities across direct and virtual teams
• Demonstrated ability to develop in multiple coding languages and quickly adapt to new tech/languages
• Excellent communicator, handling ambiguity and demanding global stakeholder expectations
• Demonstrated critical thinking required to understand, dissect, and deliver business and needs through conversational discourse with stakeholders as opposed to relying upon a formal requirements document
• Strong project management experience ideally practised with Lean/Agile/Scrum project methodologies
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.