Due to growth, a newly created position has arisen within this progressive boutique Asset Manager for a proven Sales Director. Supporting the Head of Business Development the Institutional Sales Director will be responsible for developing business and sales relationships with institutional investors, primarily be in the GCC region but also across parts of Europe.
Role & Responsibilities
- Establish a strong network of institutional prospective clients in collaboration with the regional relationship management team.
- Market the firm’s products to multiple points of contact within both existing and prospective clients.
- Create, prepare and deliver pitches to prospective clients.
- Maintain strong internal relationships to assist in the creation of leads in the region, working closely with all client interfacing areas of the business.
- Seek out cross selling opportunities.
- Engage internally with the Executive Committee and other relevant internal teams including Strategy, Product Development, Asset Management, Operations and Legal on numerous fronts and a broad array of initiatives.
- Maintain accurate pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Maintain detailed history of interaction with prospects and clients in the Client Relationship Management system.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Asset Management business within Institutional Sales / third party coverage/products. Experience selling to Middle East clients is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of the financial markets.
- Familiarity with the local laws and regulations or experience of dealing closely with a regulator within the GCC.
- You will be used to liaising with multiple business areas
- CFA qualification and a financial based degree would be a strong advantage.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.