The Audit Manager will support the Senior Audit Managers in providing risk-based integrated audit coverage and independent assessment of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management across CLS.
CLS Internal Audit (IA) is an independent function. The Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) reports functionally to the Chairman of the Audit & Finance Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer. The IA team provides a comprehensive audit service to the CLS Group of Companies and controls advice to the Board and senior management.
The Audit Manager will support the Senior Audit Managers in providing risk-based integrated audit coverage and independent assessment of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management across CLS. IA's ways of working reflect the requirements of CLS's designation as a Strategically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU). The requirements of the Audit Plan are diverse and challenging. The Audit Manager will be primarily focussed on audit execution. It is important that the Audit Manager be versatile and flexible in working in a team on a larger/complex audit, or individually on less complex audits under the direction of the Senior Audit Manager. Importantly, the Audit Manager will be expected to have a good understand of financial services business practices and will be able to contribute to integrated audits of CLS’s various business divisions.
Major duties and responsibilities of the job:
Stakeholder Management / Strategic: (5%)
- Develop and maintain working relationships with peers across the organization.
- To monitor strategic developments within CLS and highlight any unidentified risks or potential control issues.
Audit Execution: (90%)
- Execution of planning and testing for complex audits and high level reviews, including designing test strategies, audit test papers and drafting of audit findings.
- Validation to confirm management’s remediation of audit and regulatory issues.
- Tracking of management’s remediation activities.
- Actively contributing to the ongoing improvement of audit practices and methodology.
Professional Development (5%)
- Proactively maintain knowledge, skills and disciplines, with on-going professional development.
- Maintain the professional standard of the Internal Audit function and work within its agreed Terms of Reference and IIA standards/guidelines, Charter and Mandate.
- Demonstrate adaptability to ensure that the audit focus is maintained on key issues, under the guidance of audit senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Competencies required for successful job performance
- Experience working within Internal Audit in a financial services environment (ideally banking) and / or financial and operational audit experience across a range of business audits in a financial institution.
- Ability to provide technical subject matter expertise during integrated operational audits.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of dealing with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience and understanding of regulatory requirements, e.g. FRBNY.
- Strong IT security and technical knowledge with approximately 5 years of experience within the industry
- Working experience with common security/technology risk frameworks, for instance, ISO 27000, NIST, and CIS Critical Security Controls, COBIT, IIA GTAG,
- Working experience with regulatory standards / requirements (US, UK) i.e. GDPR, BCBS 239, FFIEC 101, 3402, CHAP
- Working experience and/or knowledge of cloud, block chain, high volume transaction systems,
- Working experience and/or knowledge of application controls, input/output, configuration, application controls
- Working experience and/or knowledge middleware, networks, operating systems, databases (Unix, Windows, AIX, DB2, Citrix)
- Working experience and/or knowledge of data analytics/ predictive analytics, data governance
- Understand policy/directives, and ability to assess risks across all types of IT systems and operations
Experience, education and any certifications as necessary for successful job performance
Degree level education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field of study preferred
Qualified Accountant (desirable) - ACA / ACCA (UK), CPA (US)
Audit Certifications (desirable) – CMIIA (UK), CIA (US)
- CISA, CGEIT, CISSP, CISM, CompTIA, SANS, ISC2, etc.
Personal characteristics contributing to an individual's ability to excel in the position
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Must be a strong team player but also be able to work independently.
- Proactive, self-motivated - ability to plan, organise, perform and manage work with minimal supervision.
- Results oriented – able to deliver high quality results in an environment of changing demands, variable workloads and tight timescales.
- Ability to engage stakeholders.
- Innovative problem solving approach. Able to think on a broad scale about issues affecting the company, not just those related to IA or the control environment.
- Able to interpret internal and external issues and recommend solutions/best practices.