Global energy trading business is now seeking a Junior Accountant to join their London office. This is an excellent role for someone looking to develop a career in accountancy in a commercial environment. Full support will be provided towards an accountancy qualification. Candidates with 1 years+ experience in accounting or finance can be considered
This role will support the management, financial and trade accounting functions. The primary focus of this role is to provide accounting settlements support for the energy trading business is instrumental in recording accounting entries.
Responsibilities also include monthly accounting close, compilation of audit support, and support for compliance requirements including SOX and internal and external audit requests. The role will also assist in areas of general and administrative costs accounting and reporting and statutory reporting compliance items. Role requires frequent communication, including face-to-face, with Front-, Mid- and Back-Office personnel, including Traders, Operations, Credit, Treasury, and Tax.
The candidate should have 0-1 years accounting experience and should have strong organizational skills. Candidates must be able to think critically, problem solve independently, and build strong working relationships throughout the business. You must have excellent verbal and written communication. You should be a resourceful individual who enjoys learning new skills and is seeking a demanding and fulfilling professional experience with the opportunity to grow.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with UK Front- and Mid-Office personnel as well as Houston Commodity Accounting to ensure proper cut-off, accuracy and completeness of journal entries.
- Provide support for the month end and financial year close.
- Prepare journals for the trading and corporate functions.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure that UK Accounting continues to be a dependable, trusted provider of high-quality accounting services to the UK and US businesses and identify process improvements.
To be considered for this role you should have the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work productively and constructively with others
- Willingness and ability to take direction from supervisors and work with others
- Willingness and ability to learn independently
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of numerous tasks with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Ambition to develop new skills, create efficiencies, and perform proactively
- Emphasis on attention to detail and producing accurate, complete deliverables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word and PowerPoint but with excellent Microsoft Excel skills; willingness, ability and intellectual appetite to learn new software applications.