Junior Pricing Analyst-Modeller
Fenics is a developer of real-time calculation software for the financial markets. We are part of the leading global brokerage company BGC Partners Inc. who service the financial and real estate markets. Our proven and reliable technology has been supporting some of the largest global financial services companies for almost 30 years. Due to increasing demand for systems to price and publish FX and Interest Rate derivatives data, we have a new vacancy for a Junior Financial Modeller to develop pricing models on our modelling platform.
About the job
Working in an expanding specialist team based in London you will gain an indepth knowledge of current global market pricing practices across developed and emerging markets in multiple asset classes. Through QA testing of new pricing models against customer specifications, producing pricing model documentation and training, you will gain at first hand and full understanding of the rapidly changing financial markets.
Using a proprietary modelling environment, you will be involved in developing a range of bespoke and generic Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate pricing solutions including :
- Maintaining and enhancing existing customer pricing models
- Discussing Customer requirements initially within the team and, in time, directly with customers.
- Producing model specifications and design
- Generating time estimations
- Building and/or testing models in preparation for deployment.
- Post-deployment support
- You must have good Numerical skills
- You should be naturally inquisitive, with a strong desire to keep learning and an ability to learn on the job
- You must be able to work alone and be delivery focused
- You should have strong skills in Excel.
- You should have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally you have a financial background from either working in, or studying, the finance sector