Kondor+ Developer - Information Technology London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
The ITEC/MKT/LDP/OTC team provide development and technical support for Post Trading Processing for the MARK/PRM perimeter within Societe Generale GBIS.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Software design, development and testing relating to the Kondor+ platform in order to provide new capabilities to support the Bilateral FX & OTC Clearing business within MARK/PRM.
• Software development around Tibco Business Works and Java Developments.
• Provision of Level 3 Technical Support across the full range of software developments.
Summary of responsibilities
Role Specific Responsibilities :
• Responsibility for Software Development and Level 3 Support for Kondor+ / K+ TP and related systems / interfaces.
• Understand requirements and translate to a Kondor+/K+ TP technical solution.
• Involvement in software development around Tibco Business Works and other associated tools/interfaces. All such development to be in accordance with agreed SPRINT prioritisation meeting requirements.
• Responsibility for ensuring that all software developments are prepared and deployed in accordance with the agreed SG SDLC Methodology and Change Management procedures.
• Responsibility for unit testing and preparation of software releases for deployment into production.
• Provide Level 3 Support as may be required including some out of hours.
• To be available by mobile phone using SG hosted corporate email and telephony services to assist in the resolution of any urgent escalated incidents.
General Responsibilities :
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behaviour at all times and contribute actively to the overall success of the team.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Execution of agreed solutions in line with prioritised Development Sprints.
• Resolution of production incidents in accordance with SG Incident Management Policy.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
• Languages / Tools: SQL, Tibco Business Works
• Languages / Tools : XML, XSLT, Java, Spring & Maven (preferred)
• Database : Sybase ASE (or similar)
• Operating Systems : Solaris or Linux
• Middleware Tools (e.g. JMS, RV & MQ )
• Unix Shell Scripting, AWK, Perl Programming
• Prepare Functional Specifications, Design Documents & UAT Test Cases
• Version Control System (e.g. SVN/GIT) and Software Release Packaging
• Debugging / Unit and Integration Testing
• SDLC Methodology, JIRA Agile & Change Management
• Configuration Management Tools (preferred)
Product Skills / Knowledge
• Misys Kondor+ Product Suite.
• Misys K+ TP Back-Office Module.
• MarkitWire Connectivity (preferred)
• Traiana Harmony Connectivity (preferred)
Industry Skills (preferred)
• Financial Markets, FX & OTC Products & Trade Life Cycles
• Financial Reporting & Risk Management
• SWIFT Messaging and Payments Systems
• Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform (TREP)
• Bloomberg Data License
• Eager to learn new technologies and business skills and become subject matter expert.
• Ownership and Team Player
• Accountable, business driven
• Experience with Kondor+ and K+ TP
• Experience working in a financial institution.
• A Level / BTS (or equivalent)
• Degree (Mathematics or Computer Science preferred)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 17000PEV
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019