EC1 is working for an international Fintech that provides innovative market software to a wide range of clients within the Insurance and Banking sectors on a global scale. This growing Fintech organisation is looking for a highly experienced Data Scientist to help lead the data scientist function in Europe and in time build out further capability.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for delivering successful projects using machine learning and other advanced techniques while demonstrating a strong understanding of the various product offerings.
- Strong background in either Mathematics / Statistics / Physics or Economics
- Commercial experience in predictive modelling including machine learning
- Prior experience with consulting or customer facing projects
- Excellent programming skills (Python or R)
- Masters of PhD in a quantitative field
- Able to speak multiple languages is desirable but not essential
The ideal person for this Lead Data Scientist position will have the ability to bring their passion and adaptability to build out the European data function here in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is constantly looking to innovate products for Banks and Insurers and has been for the last 15 years.