Market Control Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Market Control Team is the sole operator of EBS core systems, Central Node and FSP. This is a vital role within the organisation. The Market Control Analyst must be able to manage various types of requirements (i.e. business, sales/client, legal, regulatory, operational and technical requirements), translate them into sets of configurations accurately and apply them into the core system. The team is responsible for EBS FX products and customer setup. Reliability, attention to detail and alertness are essential qualities in the role due to the severity of the core systems' impact.
As the team has responsibility for much of the standing data behind the trading systems, and understanding that much of the data is sensitive in nature, each team member is accountable for ensuring that their work is accurate, all changes are supported, and that output is double-checked where possible. Each member is also best placed to identify any shortcomings or issues with the systems and/or processes that are in place to support our electronic marketplaces. It is incumbent on all team members to conduct themselves in a risk-minded way to identify and escalate any such items in order that they can be addressed in a timely fashion, as it relates to all of the following:
• Work closely with the product change management team and integrate the change requests into the weekly core systems update. Prioritise and scale workload appropriately, coordinate with QA and Products.
• Support all parties in EBS FX, by advising them suitable processes, translate the requirements into a set of configurations and integrate the change requests into the weekly core systems update.
• Support new business by coordinating with the program managers. Produce documentsas requested.
• Coordinate with the contract team where legal approval is needed through the processes in Salesforce. Support the sales and the contract team by translating sales/client needs into practical terms from contractual perspectives.
• Produce the central node memo to summarise the core system changes and issue it to a large audience 3 times a week.
• Complete all the core system changes by the EOD Thursday and handover to the QA team ideally by 14:00pm UK time on every Friday.
• Update Salesforce trading floor records by the EOD on every Friday to reflect the status of a coming Monday.
• Maintain all records related to trading floors and the customer onboarding and offboarding processes. Create new or adjust them when and where needed according to the changing business environment as the Salesforce administrator.
• Manage the weekly and the ad-hoc customer communications based on the trading floor records by managing Salesforce and other applications. Take ownership to ensure the weekly credit communication is issued every Saturday morning.
• Support the marketing and the product teams by creating the contact lists in Salesforce.
• Report any core system related issues and queries to the QA teams. Produce business requirements where development efforts are needed and be involved in the deployment stages.
• Coordinate with the Salesforce primary system administrator and carry out the work carefully with a sufficient understanding of possible impacts to other Salesforce users.
• To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
• Ability to work well within a team.
• Demonstrate problem solving capability with the ability to work in a timely manner to evaluate and address issues.
• Work well under pressure and clearly state problems and solutions in times of emergency.
Escalate issues when appropriate.
• Display a strong motivation to learn and work within the financial markets.
• Ability to think and react outside of your core function to identify potential risks.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Good understanding of EBS FX products, structures, systems and processes.
• Experience using Salesforce, willing to be become a qualified Salesforce System Administrator or similar standard.
• Experience using some communication management application (e.g. Exact Target, Campaign Manager) or willingness to be trained
• PC literate, especially MS Excel, Visio and other reporting.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Technologically savvy and have a high aptitude for learning electronic applications.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Educated to a higher level or professional equivalent.
• Experience in a back office or middle office function.