Key accountabilities include:
• Manage complex transactions where a new vendor is being considered or engagements with challenging vendors.
• Manage complex transactions that are a critical and material element of the category and business strategy
• Knowledge and experience of sourcing methodologies, contracts and commercial models
• Leverage leading-edge industry best practice to advance MDS vendor and commercial strategy
• Defines commercial constructs to motivate vendor behaviors that are aligned to UBS Strategy and Goals
• Negotiate with Thomson Reuters (New name: "Refinitiv")
• Negotiate with Bloomberg
• Negotiate with MSCI
• Establish an accurate deal renewal pipeline
• Act as Vendor Relationship Manager for a subset of top 15 vendors.
• Know every contract and associated financials (incl. levers)
You will be working in the Supplier Management team spread across UBS locations in Poland, Switzerland, UK, India, and US. This team is part of UBS’s Supply Chain organization within Group Corporate Services and was created to support UBS with its third party vendor sourcing strategies as well as to manage the services provided by our external suppliers. The Supplier Management function is embedded within GS and responsible for providing three key services: Supplier performance & risk management, Supplier portfolio management and Deal Governance.
'The Complex Deal Specialist (CDS) is responsible for developing and executing Go-to-Market / Deal strategies and commercial principles by structuring market leading transactions for the Bank. The CDS operates predominantly in the pre-contract award phase and provides advisory or guidance in post-contract award phase. They are actively leading the structuring of complex deals and members of the cross-functional teams.
Your experience and skills
– Experience of managing Managed Services or IT Outsourcing contracts including expertise in outsourcing methodologies, contracts and commercial models (Previous sourcing and/or commercial experience)
– Previous MDS experience (beneficial)
– Managing and executing complex deals along established process & policies
– Extensive experience with contract negotiation with third parties on financials and legal terms whilst having the ability to understand, interpret and draw conclusions from contractual terms
– Experience managing complex transactions (multiple categories) where a new vendor is being considered or engagements with challenging vendors.
– Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff from a diverse mix of backgrounds and cultures. Building and maintaining relationships across entire business sector & multiple categories
– Vendor Management experience – evaluating, monitoring and reporting on the performance of selected vendors
– Experience in working in global financial organisations is desirable
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.