We are looking for a Model Validation Analyst to support the Head of Model Validation in building out and embedding the model validation governance framework. You will adopt, develop and help set model review processes and the relevant control standards. Y
Model Validation - Analyst, Risk - London
We are looking for a Model Validation Analyst to support the Head of Model Validation in building out and embedding the model validation governance framework. You will adopt, develop and help set model review processes and the relevant control standards. You will undertake independent model/methodology reviews and prepare, document and present independent model opinions and review findings as well as drive the strategy for risk model validation, and conduct these for Aviva Investors risk model systems.
- Ensure a strong model governance framework is well-defined and embedded across Aviva Investors, including a comprehensive central repository of all current models under scope
- Ensure they implement and follow a comprehensive model review process that is clearly defined, consistently applied and supported by a set of standards and principles that enable its effective application
- Clear, concise and consistent regular model review reporting that focuses on review, testing, challenge, identifying key risks and findings and making clear recommendations to address these
- Ensure risk models used are credible & accurate, add value to the second line of defence investment risk process
- Demonstrate effective escalation where there have been breaches of model review and governance policy standards and where major issues arise from model validation reviews
- Document and present to executive, risk, valuation and investment risk committees so that model related issues and consequences are clearly understood and actions can be taken at the appropriate level
- Generate positive feedback from stakeholders including executives, model owners, key clients, the quality of model review framework, processes and methods. Positive view from Aviva Investors Investment Risk team as to the robustness and effectiveness of the model review framework
- Strong academic track record, minimum degree educated with relevant quantitative and modelling skills with knowledge of asset management and financial markets
- Strong quantitative, IT and communication skills
- Preferably experience/knowledge in risk and pricing models/methodologies
- Previous experience challenging model owners in an effective and constructive manner
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to Senior Stakeholders effectively
- Ability to build close working relationships across the business and develop a strong reputation as subject matter experts
- Experience of the asset management industry and the relevant associated risks
- Familiarity with model risk management frameworks and practices
- Risk systems knowledge/expertise - Aladdin, Risk Manager
- Programming expertise - VBA, Python, other data/statistical packages and databases preferred
- Experience of building and/or validating a broad range of methodologies/models under a governance framework, ideally within an asset management business
- Able to work collaboratively in a team
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
Today's investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We're challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations - as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us.
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.