Company Overview: Caxton Associates, founded in 1983, is a New York-based trading and investment firm with further offices in New Jersey, London, Sydney and Singapore. Caxton Associates’ primary business is to manage client and proprietary capital through global macro hedge fund strategies. Assets are managed via a broad mandate to trade in a variety of global markets and instruments.
We are seeking a .NET developer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience to join the London development team. The development team is responsible for building out the next generation of highly scalable, reusable and performant distributed services and applications for front office users. You will evaluate and use the latest .Net and open source technologies to deliver, maintain and enhance new and existing applications. You will work closely with traders, quant developers and middle office / back office technology teams across London and New York.
The successful candidate will have:
- No less than 2 years of active software development experience using the .NET stack and C#
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable unit-tested code
- Experience using architectures such as SOA, 3-tier applications and Client-Server
- The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and priorities
- Experience working with financial market data (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Markit etc)
- The ability to work closely with traders in a fast moving front-office environment