Operations Management (SC&O) - Senior Consultant
Hours: 35 hours a week Location: London Salary: Competitive Operations Management Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant within the Operations Management (OM) Advisory practice, you'll get the opportunity to support some of the UKs largest companies in their biggest and most complex operational challenges.
You'll be a part of a collaborative team that applies the latest technologies, advanced analytics and leading methodologies to help transform clients' businesses and make a real difference to our working world.
You will work with our clients to apply your deep knowledge in End-to-End Process Design & Management, Manufacturing Excellence, Asset Management Optimisation or Field Force Effectiveness, across a range of industries.
You will develop innovative, tech-enabled solutions for our clients and deliver sustained performance improvement through process automation - RPA (using tools such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere etc), AI, IoT, data processing, as well as lean and process mining & analytics (using tools such as Celonis).
We are also looking for people who are great communicators, who collaborate well with people and in teams, and who have a real desire to learn.
Your key responsibilities
As an OM Senior Consultant, you'll be part of a diverse, wider team and will be directly working with our clients on complex operational projects.
You'll typically be responsible for leading a workstream within a project, or being a core member of the team - and will independently handle your deliverables in this role, with the support and coaching of senior staff.
As a senior consultant, you will also help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Examples of projects you will typically be involved in include:
- Operations management - performance and workforce planning, and developing manufacturing capabilities
- Process design & management - identifying and implementing approaches to help our clients operate their business processes more effectively, transforming their organisation to drive performance through new governance and process roles
- Process improvement - end to end process streamlining with analytics and digital solution delivery to drive behavioural change, build capability and deliver improvement throughout our clients' organisations
- Asset management - maximising effective utilisation of asset base
Another important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You'll also be involved in developing proposals and bids, and actively contribute to EY thought leadership and internal operational initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
Qualifications/skills you'll need as a Senior Consultant, Advisory - Operations Management: 1. Technical skill requirements:
You'll have a strong academic record including a degree or equivalent qualification, and have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Skill Experience Operations Management
· Performance Management - design & implement KPIs and digital dashboards (tableau, powerBI, spotfire or any comparable data visualisation tool)
· Workforce Management Tools or IWS (Integrated Work Systems) -production boards, stand up etc
· Operational standards & compliance
· Daily management systems including use of software such as Click and Syclo
· Field force effectiveness and workforce planning Process Design & Management
· Maturity assessment
· Process architecture & mapping
· Industry best practice & benchmarking
· Business requirements and associated benefits articulation
· Customer journey mapping
· Operating model design & implementation Process Improvement & Analytics
· Process Automation - Intelligent Automation, Robotics Process Automation (RPA) tools such as Blue Prism, intelligent automation
· Performance analytics - descriptive, predictive and prescriptive
· Process mining including technologies such as Celonis
· Data visualisation
· Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement methodologies
· Production process improvement through IWS (Integrated Work Systems)
· Capability build through training & coaching Asset Management & Optimisation
· Asset Management Strategy & Policy
· Asset Portfolio Management
· Maturity Assessment
· Investment Planning & Management
2. Sector experience:
- Balancing asset lifecycle cost, risk and performance
You'll have a minimum of 2 years' experience in consulting and/or the following industries - Automotive, Consumer Products, Defence, Industrial Products, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Power & Utilities, Retail or Telecommunications. 3. Additional skill requirements:
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and can adapt their style to engage effectively with both clients and team members of differing levels of seniority
- Are good at building productive working relationships with clients and team members
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment
- Have vitality and a passion for learning
- Can act as a role model for EY value, integrity and professional ethics
- Are proactive and able to work in different environments to deliver high quality work products
- Are innovative and think about how to do things in new, more efficient ways (both internally and with our clients)
- Are passionate about people
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to work on many various assignments and be exposed to a number of different industries and companies
- Opportunities to develop new skills and accelerate your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY. Feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team. If you believe that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.