Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management. We are currently seeking a Project Analyst to join our IT team. Reporting to the Head of IT and Operations, the job holder will manage the daily activities of the Operations Team (Trade & Asset Life-Cycle Management) ensuring timely and accurate processing of the business while identifying and mitigating all operational risks that may occur. They will also be responsible for support of all new business activity is integrated fully and accurately into the Operational Department.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Ensure day-to-day processing of Operations is efficient and low risk. Oversight and management of key operational transactional business areas are: Securities and Cash Settlements; Data Management; Securities Lending; Asset Servicing (Corporate Actions, Income) and Tax Reclamation
- Provide direction, support and assistance to management and the office of the daily operational processes
- Provide input into strategy for the Operations department to the Head of IT and Operations; identifying areas of improvement and business development
- Be part of the relationship management team that deals with custodians, monitoring performance ensuring compliance with SLAs for support of day to day activities
- Oversight of agent lender performance management and service review. Challenge revenue and identify new business opportunities
- Introduce and/or support new business initiatives for the Operations department. Engage with all business areas to implement required changes. Integrate and automate new business and necessary controls. Assess impact of new initiatives and responsibilities and provide direction in the implementation of procedures to support new business.
- Assess the adequacy and range of controls in place to ensure continuing low risk operating environment
- Propose and develop new initiatives for the department in line with best market practice. Translate industry regulations for best market practice for department processes.
- Assume responsibility for new projects and/or functions as agreed with management throughout the year
- Collaborate with other departmental heads to monitor business development and regulatory changes
- Project and Change Management – working to identify areas of business process improvement and suggest new initiatives for the Office, working closely with the change teams to implement such changes
- Ensure that assets are held sagely and best practice safety reviews are carried out
- Maintain contacts with external market agencies and ensure Operations is aware of impact of market developments and regulatory changes
- Ensure optimal relationships with all parts of the office so that operational work flow hand offs are clear and controlled
- To oversee the development and maintenance of technical expertise within Operations
- To oversee staff performance against SMART objectives
- To ensure that the Business as Usual Operations Team is adequately resourced and that staff are properly trained and motivated, ensuring a first class working support function
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and relevant professional qualification such as IOC or IMC
- At least 10 years’ experience of Operations Supervisor/Manager level, ideally in a financial services organisation
- Experience of direct team management
- Experience of owning the responsibility for end of day/month daily signoffs/checks
- Experience of Trade Management (Securities/Treasury/Cash/Stock Recon) and Asset Life-Cycle Management (Income/Dividends, Corporate Actions, Tax Reclaims, Agency Lending)
- Worked closely with Cash Correspondents and Custodians
- Knowledge of procedures – writing, enforcing
- Knowledge of Operations Compliance
- Knowledge of impact of regulations on Operations
- Prepared Operations MIS reporting to Senior Management
- Knowledge of SimCorp Dimensions would be beneficial
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.