PMO Lead - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Change Team has been established in response to the business need to centralise the delivery of internal operational projects and the management of change as a result of the regulatory environment. The team is the principle liaison between the bank and the GBIS Portfolio Office, ensuring that appropriate budgets, resources and capacity is in place to execute according to the project pipeline. The Change function is a team of project professionals who will work in partnership with business lines to deliver projects, using industry standards methods and approaches. The team is comprised of 5 individuals and there is the opportunity to work on a range of projects covering all areas of the bank, including front-to-back offices, legal/compliance and support functions. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Change, the Portfolio Analyst will assist the Head of Change with the day-to-day running of the banks project portfolio, with a view to monitoring and reporting on the aggregating information concerning progress, finances and other key measures. Whilst the role operates at a portfolio level, there will also be a level of delivery on smaller projects and initiatives. An overview of the role and it's purpose within the team can be found below;
- Championing best practice and ensuring compliance with project management standards across all projects within the portfolio and looking for opportunities to define and further refine existing tools and templates.
- Monitoring, supporting and reporting on all SGPB Hambros Group projects and known initiatives throughout their lifecycle.
- Active coordination of the project pipeline
- Supporting and coaching project managers on documentation and processes
Fostering and ongoing working relationship with the SGPB Hambros portfolio to Line PPM's and PRIV Line PPM Summary of responsibilities
Processes and Procedures
- Develop a thorough understanding of the GBIS project management lifecycle (PMLC), ensuring that the relevant aspects are implemented across the internal change team and used appropriately.
- Further refine the processes and tools associated with the PMLC observed for internal 'run the bank' projects - actively refreshing processes as and where necessary.
- Produce and maintain simple and user friendly guidance for PM's and the wider business to use points of reference
- Owner of the Change Team Sharepoint site, ensuring that this is kept up to date with current materials and contact information.
- Maintain active and close working relationships with Line PPM's and the PRIV COOS PPP
- Active participation to operational level change team forums and members of project teams
- Engage with members of the Project Review Forum (PRF) to inform them of updates or changes to projects within the scope of the portfolio.
- Deputising for the Head of Change as and when required
- Following up, monitoring and providing data on projects' status for input to the monthly Project Review Forum (PRF) report
- Producing the monthly risk reports via MORSE and generate the skeleton of the monthly portfolio dashboard, providing analysis on anomalies where necessary.
- Assess the progress of project work within the SGPB Hambros Group and to raise awareness to Senior Management on any potential financial, technical or resource issues, and on any other potential failure of critical success factors impacting a project
- Taking the lead on monthly analysis of financials, including resources and their capacity to execute
- Production of the monthly BRM report for submission to ITECPRI
- Maintaining a central repository of project information
- Assisting in the collation of project budgetary data and any other required information to SGPB Hambros Group management and SG PRIV Paris
- To act as the main point of contact (support and administration) within SGPB Hambros for the GBIS Project & Portfolio management tools, including PRIME, IT WARE and Project Watchman
- Apply project management best practices to discrete projects or smaller projects on the portfolio to oversee and ensure successful delivery.
- Facilitating meetings, taking minutes and general administrative duties as and when required
Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships Delegated responsibilities
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Facilitation of the monthly Project Review Forum (PRF) and quarterly Operations Committee (OpCo)
- Monitoring monthly reports and budget allocations within PRIME
- Production of periodic risk reports (MORSE)
- Production and submission of the BRM and report to the PRIV COOS PPP
Profile Required Competencies
- On boarding of resources as required for projects which the role holder has been asked to deliver
- Production of the Head Office BRM report
- Providing advice and guidance to members of the Change Team - this will include inducting members in the most appropriate tools and templates to be used. The production of appropriate materials.
Why Join Us
- Formal qualification in Project and preferably Portfolio Management (PRINCE 2 Foundation, APM, P30)
- Experience in working within a busy Programme or Portfolio Office
- Experience in budget management and financial analysis
- Confident presentation skills, with the ability to use a range of tools to produce professional and informative data to present to senior stakeholders within the organisation (e.g. MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and other methodologies advantageous
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- First class stakeholder management skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence individuals who may not have a formal reporting line into the Change Team
- Proactive and lateral thinking
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment. Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000P9M
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 21/10/2019
Date of publication: 16/09/2019