See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
O perations i s a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Within Operations, Consumer Investment Management Operations delivers asset management and wealth management capabilities to clients around the world. We are a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of the Investment Management Division to support evolving markets and business requirements. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Investment Management Operations provides essential risk management and control.
The Asset Transfer Team serves a critical role in overseeing transfers into and out of our client accounts. The team works with PWM business teams to monitor and approve asset transfers. The team authenticates client transfer requests in accordance with the Firmwide and regulatory policies as well as ensuring the proper client approvals and documentation have been received while constantly monitoring for potential fraudulent activity.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developing relationships with PWM business teams, PWM Compliance, PWM Legal, and other Operations groups to ensure that PWM Operations is providing the highest quality introductory experience throughout the on boarding process
- Ensure that all client documentation required by the Firm's Customer Identification Program (CIP) is received, reviewed and approved within the appropriate timeframes in line with AML and Know Your Client requirement
- Ensure downstream systems correctly recognize approved clients, products and services, including Cash products, Client Statement and Performance reporting
- Review relevant client and Legal documentation, verify client signatures and perform regulatory and risk related exception processing
- Authenticate asset transfer requests leaving client accounts by liaising directly and indirectly with PWM Clients
- Process and control analysis to ensure effective oversight and risk management including the adherence to and enforcement of Firmwide policy and relevant regulations
- Resolve issues through coordination with PWM business, PWM Compliance, PWM Legal and other Operations teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as proficiency with web-based applications
- Good understanding of the financial industry including active interest in financial services and Operations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build the trust and confidence in capabilities, work well with others internally to accomplish client objectives
- Must be a team player, hardworking, resourceful and eager to learn
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work, and work well under pressure from multiple clients/constituents to respond to inquiries quickly
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership and ability to work independently, to gather information, make decisions and drive results
- Highly motivated with enthusiasm to learn the business and the clients we support
- 2+ years financial industry experience (AML or other Client On-boarding Regulatory experience a plus)
- Knowledge of legal documentation (e.g. trust agreements, partnership agreements and corporate resolutions)
- Foreign language skills a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.