A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing Special Situations Fund as they seek to add to their Portfolio Management team with a Spanish-speaking Analyst. Given the increase to their activity in Spain, they are keen to appoint an Analyst who will be based in London but be working very closely with the deal professionals in Madrid.
The Portfolio Management team is responsible for the day to day relationship management and regular reporting of financial and operational performance of the borrower companies. By monitoring borrower, valuation and surveyor data and using both historic and forward looking key performance indicators for each borrower, we aim to ensure that early warning signs of a breach of covenant or company underperformance are captured and action is taken. Further, common issues across the portfolio can be anticipated and pro-active initiatives set in play to either protect or enhance value.
- Driving the reporting to provide quality MI and analysis on the portfolio including : performance of the borrowers, reporting trends and assessing the overall health of the portfolio and providing commercial recommendations (including short term waivers and amendments to milestones)
- Establishing reporting framework requirements for new portfolio companies and ensuring a seamless transition into the portfolio
- Overseeing amendments to loans and onboarding / accession of new assets into active loans
- Liaising with deal executives on an ongoing basis to ensure monthly financial and KPI data is relevant and in line with budget
- Ensuring the data that is submitted is accurate and is consistent with management accounts, board packs and other documents provided by management teams
- Maintaining and managing the portfolio monitoring system (eFront) which is the software platform used to automate the production of monthly reports and analyses
- Providing financial analysis and support to ad hoc value enhancement projects
- Implementation of automated diary system to monitor key loan metrics / milestones
Skills and Experience
We would like the candidate to be able to demonstrate:
- Native or business-fluent in Spanish;
- Excellence in analysis of financial data. An analytical mind is very important;
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills as they will deal with our investment team, as well as portfolio CFOs and FCs;
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Self-starter, creative and commercial thinking;
- Excellent MS Excel modelling and MS PowerPoint skills
- A strong academic background. The successful candidate will likely be an ACA or CIMA accounting qualification. Experience in a portfolio reporting team for a P/E house or fund manager preferred but not essential. Demonstrable experience in providing Transaction Services due diligence and/or Corporate Finance support an advantage.
We are looking for a candidate who is methodical and precise in their record keeping and data management; they are a motivated, determined and driven individual who is able to operate between investment, finance and portfolio teams to ensure an accurate assessment of the health of the portfolio is maintained at all times.