Portfolio Services Officer
SSGA Portfolio Services are a team of operations professionals with broad experience who provide integration support and daily oversight for the SSGA core outsourced middle and back office functions. The teams functions include,
- Acting as a liaison for SSGA Investment teams and other SSGA functions, functioning as a central point of contact for operational inquiries on outsourced workflows.
- Contributing to the SSGA change agenda through partnering with other teams on projects and new business analysis so as clear direction can be provided on the scope and operational requirements related to any new SSGA business initiative.
- Monitoring and reviewing critical metrics to ensure deliverables and service standards are met, building and maintaining Service Level Agreements with outsourced providers.
As part of the role you will focus on providing Portfolio Services support for our Investment Solutions Portfolios A Portfolio Services officer is expected to have a dynamic can-do attitude and look to strengthen SSGA's controls and minimize risk in our interactions with our outsourced providers. Education and Experience
Skills & Attributes
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, hedge fund, prime broker or fund administrator.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Professional industry qualifications an advantage.
- Product Experience Desirable: Equities, FX spot and forwards, Exchange Traded Futures and Options, ETFs.
- Experience of Performance Measurement and Attribution an advantage.
- You will have strong analytical skills and a positive organised approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- You understand investment markets and the settlement of securities. Understanding of product and fund valuation useful.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.