Principal Analyst Developer
Digital Platform Analyst Developer
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 6 domains: Investment, Distribution, Product; Corporate, Wealth and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital is a group closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
The Platforms Team is part of Schroders' Digital department. We creatively use technology to engage with our clients in innovative ways, such as investIQ, a behavioural science based investment personality quiz. Schroders uses SAFe Agile practices to work closely with our business stakeholders and deliver solutions that meet their needs.
Your role will initially focus on helping define a set of patterns, practices and reusable code that are all internally open sourced. You will use these to create services to support other teams in Digital with their deliveries, and client engagement tools to repeat the success of investIQ.
You will be involved in every aspect of solution delivery, including solution analysis, design, technical development and implementation, stakeholder engagement, and roll-out.
We actively work to reduce friction in our delivery pipeline so we can deliver value efficiently without comprising quality, security and scalability.
• End-to-end delivery of public facing digital tools and REST APIs
• Collaboration with peers from Infrastructure, InfoSec, Digital, and business functions
• Set the standard of technical delivery within Digital
• Solid full stack development experience using .NET & NET Core
• Familiar with UI frameworks such as React or Vue.js
• Experience developing REST APIs
• Familiar with test automation techniques such as TDD and BDD
• Full stack application performance management techniques and strategy.
• DevSecOps mind set, used in enhancing build and delivery pipelines, security, system telemetry and functional testing
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Curious: Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.