Product manager for Compliance
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
As a global, innovative player in the cross-border Money Transfer space, WorldRemit navigates a complex world of local regulations and diverse Compliance requirements. Our customers can send from over 50 countries to over 150 countries. This leads to a complex network of regulatory expectations to balance against our ongoing efforts to deliver a fantastic experience to our customers. In this role, you'll understand the global AML and KYC landscape, interpreting the requirements into how it impacts WorldRemit and helping us turn these requirements into product features that offer the best possible experience for our customers. Responsibilities
As Compliance Product Manager you'll be focused on this business-critical area, owning a broad domain that encompasses KYC, customer onboarding, Anti-Money Laundering requirements. In this role, you will:
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Own our internal Compliance applications. You'll be an expert on our processes and lead the way in where we go next.
- Identify ways to improve how we stay compliant while keeping our users at the forefront - a poor KYC experience can lead to dissatisfied customers, you'll work to ensure we have a slick, frictionless but effective KYC process.
- Develop a strategic vision of how we can achieve best in class Compliance products, particularly focusing on automation and reducing friction.
- Create a roadmap that speaks to this long-term vision, aligned to business goals, while creating space and quick wins for short-term gains.
- Bring this roadmap to life with a hands-on approach to Product Management, working closely with the engineering team to have a detailed understanding of the problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Help lead the way for how we approach new markets, adapting our user journeys to meet local needs while still offering a fantastic service to our customers.
- Unify Compliance and Product. You'll work closely with our Compliance teams in UK, USA and APAC to understand their needs and align on how to deliver them.
- You'll have experience building digital products in agile/scrum environment.
- You'll have experience of KYC and AML requirements.
- You'll have strong experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- You'll have a proven track record of being a great communicator, working with different stakeholders from across the business.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.