Department & role overview:
The Global Markets Technology team is a focussed and user oriented development team operating in markets across all regions. Within that space, the Totoro technology team develops the core trading and risk management system for Fixed Income products, as well as many other diverse functions across the rates and credit businesses. The candidate will work in a very collaborative global team of 50+ (22 in London) to deliver strategic change, enhancements, as well as support and maintain this critical system. The team is front office focussed but has stakeholders in Finance, Risk, Operations, Regulatory ,etc and due to the core nature of the system, is often central to large firm-wide initiatives. The role will suit a candidate with solid inter-personal skills, excellent delivery focus, and a flair for building technically robust solutions. Key responsibilities will include:
- Python and Excel/VBA and a strong desire to develop skills in both technologies
- Strong problem solver
- High level of attention to detail, a positive 'can-do' attitude and a strong focus on producing work of the highest standard are essential
- Excellent communication skills (candidate will be interacting with diverse functions and levels globally)
- Must be well versed in using modern development methodologies
- Exposure to systems used for capturing/publishing/managing market data; external providers of market data (Reuters/Bloomberg); technologies used for communicating data (Tibco, RV, EMS); live market data systems.
- Exposure to market data concepts: Curves, Vols, Resets, etc.
- SQL, C#/.NET
- Development tools (SVN, JIRA, Git etc.).