Quantitative Research, Client Solutions&Analytics
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Our EMEA Client Solutions & Analytics team is seeking a Quantitative Research Analyst based in London to assist our efforts in building out our Client oriented Quantitative Solutions efforts in the region. Client Solutions & Analytics Team Overview:
Client Solutions & Analytics was established to leverage PIMCO's views, intellectual capital, and portfolio management technology to PIMCO to act as trusted adviser to its clients and address their specific questions.
The team's key mandates can be summarized as follows:
1. Leverage PIMCO's investment management capabilities to advise clients: Deploy PIMCO's technology, views, and intellectual capital to help clients (CIOs, CEOs, Boards) with the macro issues of investment management, such as asset allocation and risk management.
2. Generate thought leadership: Build models and generate intellectual capital for PIMCO's Solutions activities.
3. Deliver (and present) customized analyses and actionable multi-asset and hedging solutions to clients and prospects: Become a trusted investment advisor to help PIMCO win mandates across products and asset classes. Position Requirements: Position Qualifications:
• Strong quantitative finance or economics background; PhD preferred but not essential
• Enthusiasm for the financial markets, macroeconomics and investment management
• Good general investment knowledge across asset classes
• Ability to solve complex problems efficiently in a tight deadline environment
• Experience in a buy-side or sell-side institution is preferred
• Technical skills: Experience in Matlab and SQL preferred
• Language skills: German highly desirable Personal Characteristics:
• Strong production and results orientation and an ability to manage multiple agendas concurrently
• Strong communication skills and business acumen, ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Proactive, well organized, high-energy self-starter who works well in a team environment
• Ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
• Able to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel
• The ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office