Regulatory Advisory - Corporate and Investment Banking - Senior Consultant
While economic recovery looks set to continue in the EU, the financial services sector is still facing tough challenges including, low interest rates, muted client activity, an escalating regulatory burden and intense supervisory scrutiny. This makes it an exciting opportunity to work within a high growth team, where you will play a key role in the support and development of a key EY's service offering. The opportunity
At EY we are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the ever changing and complex landscape. Our Financial Services Risk Practice offers strategic and operational services aimed to improve our clients' ability to assess, monitor and improve their systems and internal controls delivering innovative, dynamic and sustainable solutions. We are seeking to be the leading global provider of integrated content risk, risk-management and regulatory advisory services in the financial services sector and we're looking for talented people to join us on this journey. Progression opportunities exist for motivated and exceptional performers, and all successful candidates will be provided with structured training and professional development enabling them to meet the requirements of this responsive and fast paced team. Candidates must be flexible and be prepared to work from client locations for the duration of the client engagement. Your key responsibilities
Our cross-border Regulatory Advisory team is made up of over 73,000 people, including 3520 partners, working across 12 Sub-Areas and 93 countries in EMEIA. The team brings together a breadth of core skills and experience to provide advice and help our global clients assess their options, improve operations and manage their risks as an enterprise wide discipline. We work closely with regulators to help us provide the top UK and EU financial institutions support on:
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic implications of regulation
- Effective implementation of regulatory directives
- Remediation of regulatory issues
- Effective implementation of risk management processes
- Embedding a risk based performance assessment
As an Executive in the Corporate and Investment Banking team, depending on experience and the type of engagement, you will be responsible for the following:
To qualify for the role you must have
- Produce, with limited supervision, complete and accurate work. Build credible relationships with clients both by demonstrating technical skills and knowledge and also by handling complaints and customer redress appropriately.
- Provide a variety of support on client campaigns from researching new regulations to assisting effective business implementation.
- Develop presentations that are clear and impactful, translating EY services into meaningful value propositions for clients.
- Document collation and review- evidencing paper trail of transactions and analysing legal and other documents to identify key facts, anomalies, etc, for categorisation
- Data input and reporting- of key information into spreadsheets and/or proprietary systems, by conducting detailed and summary analyses (by transition, time period or categorisation).
- Contract reviews - analysing if requirements are adequately defined and documented.
- Regulatory remediation and quality compliance testing.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Regulatory experience at the FSA/ FCA, a FTSE 100 Financial Services organisation, one of the other Top 4 consultancies, or another Advisory firm
- Strong academic background which could include the following: 2:1 degree, CII Exams ( FPC / AFPC), CISI Level 4, Prince 2, CeMAP, CeFA and / or Other Financial Services
What we look for
- Knowledge of CASS, governance, conduct risk, new regulatory developments such as MiFID 2 would be beneficial
The Corporate and Investment Banking team works closely with a number of high profile clients in this sector. The team has undertaken a variety of engagements including implementation of processes around the identification of conduct risk, reviews of governance arrangements at Board and a senior management level and the implementation of new regulations such as MiFID 2. The range of regulatory initiatives with which the team is involved means that there is a dynamic team environment providing team members with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Apply now.