Risk Analyst - Real Assets - London or Norwich
We are looking for a permanent Risk Analyst to join our Real Asset business based from either our London Head office or Norwich.
Working as part of the Real Asset Business you will support the Risk Managers and Head of Governance & Operational Risk to develop, embed and monitor compliance with the Governance & Risk Management Framework. You will provide support and challenge the Real Assets business teams on matters relating to Governance, Operational Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime.
Spanning real estate, private debt and infrastructure, our real assets platform offers investors access to assets that offer diversification, increased security and the potential for higher returns via an illiquidity premium. Our real assets capability encompasses global real estate and alternative income investments made around the world. These are physical assets that we buy or provide financing for on behalf of our clients. Transactions to buy or sell are done directly with the counterparty and the price negotiated privately. They are not publicly listed.
· Ensure risk events are appropriately recorded and escalated on timely basis.
· Promote and support a positive risk cultures within the business.
· Working within the Governance and operational risk framework to ensure compliance at all times.
· Maintain matrix of roles in scope for MIFID II K & C / SMCR / CF30 report as required.
· Coordination of KRI collection and reporting
· Leads or supports meetings arranged by Risk and Compliance as required
· Coordinates, supports and reviews SOP updates and manages updates to the SOP SharePoint site
· Coordinates, supports and reviews issue entry, update and remediation into iCARE where required
· Review and escalation of problems with iCARE content
· Reporting from ICARE / RED
· Supports Controls Testing or controls testing QA
· Attends and supports Asset Class Risk Meetings
· Attends or supports specific cross asset class meetings on behalf of AIRA
· Providing day to day advice, support and challenge to the Real Assets business on Governance, Operational Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime related matters
· Degree or appropriate level of real estate industry and technical experience.
· Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
· Relevant experience in a similar role
· Able to give advice and guidance within specialisation to staff at all levels
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise plan and adapt to best use resources
· Proven ability to build and manage strong relationships
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to influence decision making
· Knowledge of the Aviva Group Risk Framework
· Knowledge of Real Assets business
· Commercial and financial awareness, including knowledge of current trends to identify emerging and changing risks
· Knowledge of risk management techniques and developments
· Experience of risk analysis, recording and evaluation
· Working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
Today's investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We're challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations - as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us.
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.