Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and protection and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the processes that we have in place to ensure that we support service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
At EY, the Risk Management (RM) and Legal teams are responsible for the promotion and support of risk management within the business. The aim is to ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed either by external regulators or by EY Global in relation to the conduct of our business.
The group is structured with a central team (including functions such as independence, conflicts of interest, legal, risk, data protection and business resilience team) and a network of specialists working within service lines, located throughout the UK and Ireland. The Central RM and Legal teams have approximately 75 members of staff.
The Central Risk Management team now has a vacancy for a Risk Manager (Maternity Cover).
Your Key Responsibilities
This Risk Manager role involves managing and advising the business on a variety of different policy areas, compliance, training and comms. The role will cover the following:
- Providing advice in respect of risk management processes and policies generally
- Subject matter expertise on client and engagement acceptance and continuance policies and processes, assisting the business with queries.
- Provision of general risk support / expertise to senior Risk Management leadership, including special projects
- Project management of the UK and Ireland (UKI) Partner and Associate Partner Quality and Effective Risk Management ratings process
- Management and coordination of the risk management testing programme of partner admissions
- Management of the monitoring process in respect of Risk Management Training requirements
- Support for Global compliance testing; oversight of and responsibility for implementation and testing of the UKI Risk Management Compliance Framework
- Provision of risk management support for priority global client accounts in the UKI Region
- Management of risk management comms schedule; writing comms and managing comms campaigns to keep the business well informed of new and updated RM policy matters
- Monitoring and reporting of the UK firms' consultant lobbying activities
- Coordination of the Service Line Quality and Risk Management network (UKI and Financial Services (FSO) Region)
- Coaching / mentoring / managing junior members of the Risk Team
- Oversight and the provision of training/support to offshore colleagues in EY overseas Risk Management Global Delivery Service (GDS) team in respect of outsourced risk compliance monitoring activities, including reviewing the output/quality of work they produce and providing feedback as required
Skills and attributes for success
- In order to be successful, the role requires someone who has or can quickly establish a strong network with the numerous functions that they will be working in close contact with - most notably Service Line Quality, Independence, Process for Accepting Clients and Engagements (PACE) support desk, Finance, Legal and Brand Marketing and Communication (BMC).
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proactive, organised and able to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with Service Lines and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our processes and service to internal clients.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Risk management/compliance experience at manager level
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft office 365 and Windows 10.
What we look for
- Previous experience with Risk Management applications
- Previous experience working in a Big Four firm is desirable
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.