Salesforce Analyst Developer
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer with the experience and desire to help design and deliver the Service Cloud solution to our Client Service teams. In collaboration with our Client Service process experts, we want someone who is passionate about delivering the tools to allow us to deliver great Client service.
We want an knowledgeable developer who is both creative and analytical, an individual who is able to understand and articulate business challenges and /or ideas, explore them and implement the functionality safely into the Salesforce production environment.
You'll be busy, working in tandem with both our onsite Salesforce development team and the Client service team pushing forward initiatives which change the way that we engage and interact with our clients. In particular, you will be studying the ways our Client Service teams work within Schroders to help design Salesforce solutions that allow us to offer the very best client service experience. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focused role. The team
Distribution Technology creates and supports the applications used by our Sales and Client Servicing teams. Our technology footprint includes applications and systems, split between vendor and in-house developed, all designed with the common objective of being digitally and data driven. Not only do we rapidly respond to the demands of the external environment and those of our Sales and Client Service teams, the Distribution Technology team is strategically positioned to deliver innovative solutions.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Work closely with our Client Service teams to develop working software which delivers real business value
- Capture and analyse Service Cloud technology requirements which can be quickly delivered using Agile delivery processes and tooling
- Exploring ways to improve business and technology processes within the Service Cloud solution to improve the Client Service function
- Discover and playback innovative functionality and potential new ways to realise additional business benefits
- Engage actively in Agile planning including story refinement, demos and retrospectives
- Continually look for ways to improve your own skills and experience
- Help us support other team members to improve their own software development skills
- Assist us with the role of Scrum Master if required to do so
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience of delivering working solutions using Salesforce Service Cloud
- A good understanding behind the principles and best practices of Salesforce data modelling, interface design, code development, and testing, and you can apply these principles in real-world dev environments.
- An ability to design and implement complex sharing models using declarative and programmatic methods
- Knowledge and experience of development tools, frameworks and programming languages, specifically required for Salesforce change delivery
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
What you'll be like
- Relevant and up-to-date Salesforce certification (e.g. Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant)
- Experience of Apex SOAP and REST web services and how to call out from Apex using SOAP and REST.
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Experience using version-control systems for Salesforce development (e.g. Git)
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
- Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CVs and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CVs directly.