Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
Based in London, you'll work across a number of engineering feature teams to help them improve themselves, communicate well and tear down impediments. In our Technology organisation, the work we do is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality. We strive to improve every day - to be build better teams and a better customer experience. This is real growth at pace. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Help build the right environment. Fostering a culture where issues can be discussed in an open, transparent, non-judgmental way. Fixing things should be a positive experience.
- Be the voice of reason. You will be a strong facilitator and mediator in Scrum ceremonies and beyond. Getting groups to communicate and find the right way forward is key.
- Agile coaching. Working closely with cross functional teams, you'll evolve our use of agile principles to drive high productivity.
- Data focused. Analyse and present data in a way that helps us reach our goals quicker. We make decisions with data, not guesses in the dark.
- Break down blockers. Identify what's getting in the way of our teams delivering faster and faster. Then work with those teams to help us to get to new heights of productivity.
- Agile mastery. Experience of applying agile practices to deliver fast-moving digital products in cross-functional teams.
- A positive, upbeat individual with great communication skills and energy.
- Bias for action. You're a self-starter, always looking to solve the challenge. You have the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation to promote better ways of working.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor teammates with less agile experience. You'll also show desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.