Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
Role Title: Senior AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
HSBC is looking for experienced DevOps engineers to grow our Global Cloud Services team, supporting a multitude of project teams across the world to adopt Cloud services as part of our "Cloud First" strategy.
In the Global Cloud Services AWS Adoption team we are specifically looking for individuals who are passionate about AWS and have built and supported a rich variety workloads across a broad range of AWS services.
You'll be joining a team of equally passionate and skilled engineers, architects and cloud gurus who evangelise the cloud, especially AWS, and enjoy helping others to adopt cloud services.
We work in an agile team building highly resilient, scalable, performant solutions in an automated and efficient manner.
If working in this team appeals to you and you have the right skills, then get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you. Qualifications
For this role, we need:
- Strong communicators who love working collaboratively to achieve their objectives.
- Senior engineers who are comfortable leading major incident investigations, providing on-call support and managing projects with junior colleagues.
- Python developers who love automating solutions. If your Python skills aren't much to brag about, then a development understanding with excellent scripting skills would also work.
- Broad experience working across many AWS services.
- Practical understanding of DevOps practices and Agile working techniques. You build it, you own it, you support it mentality.
- Demonstrable enterprise infrastructure delivery success stories.
- Good understanding of Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Proficient experience with CI/CD tooling including Jenkins, Git, Ansible, etc…
- You must believe that security is a fundamental aspect of delivering solutions and know what it takes to do so in an AWS context.
It would be nice if you also had:
- AWS certification(s).
- Good Terraform skills.
- Linux or Windows certification(s).
- Good non-functional testing experience.
- An understanding of risk management and ensuring compliance against relevant regulatory processes.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry.
Supporting project teams to build safe, reliable and secure systems that address HSBC's business needs is fundamental to this team's responsibilities. To do this, we need people who will:
- Contribute to the security controls in place that ensure the security of HSBC's assets that evolve continually with AWS improvements and evolving project needs.
- Build and automate tooling and services that help many / all projects to build things in a secure and efficient way.
- Develop robust artefacts including code modules that help project teams to get their security profiles right before any infrastructure is built.
- Write clear documentation outlining everything that we build, highlighting the key points that can be read by technical and non-technical people.
- Represent HSBC as Subject Matter Experts for all things AWS
The base location for this role is London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Recruitment Helpdesk
Telephone: +44 2078328500