The role is centered around the creation of in-depth research and analysis on the asset and wealth management industry with a particular focus on distribution, strategy, sales and marketing trends across a variety of European countries and produce industry-leading research and advice for the world’s largest asset managers and other service providers.
Cerulli Associates (CA) is a global research and consulting firm specializing in product and distribution analysis for the global asset management industry. Since 1992, we have blended primary research and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecasts for future developments.
With a suite of research publications, an interactive data platform, and custom research and consulting offerings, we provide financial services firms with unparalleled guidance in strategic positioning and new business development.
Headquartered in Boston, Cerulli has regional offices in London and Singapore. Our clients include virtually all of the top 50 global asset management firms, as well as industry service providers, management consulting companies, banks, broker/dealers, insurance companies, investment consulting firms, and private equity firms.
This Senior Analyst position is based in London and reports to the Associate Director of the European Wholesale/Retail Research practice.
Cerulli’s research process consists of three primary elements:
- Analysis of existing data from various industry bodies (e.g.; associations, regulatory bodies, etc)
- Collection of new data through Cerulli’s proprietary surveys
- Executive interviews with senior managers at fund management, distribution, and other financial services firms across Europe
The result of Cerulli’s proven research methodology is a family of industry-leading thought leadership studies, data services, and custom research and consulting services utilized by the world’s largest asset management firms to shape their product and distribution strategies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Senior Analyst is tasked with leading research initiatives for our Wholesale/Retail Asset Management practice and is responsible for producing annual research reports, contributing to Cerulli’s periodical family of publications ‘The Cerulli Edge’, and working on our custom research and strategic consulting projects.
The successful candidate will possess extensive insight into Europe’s fund management industry, as well as proven quantitative analysis and writing skills.
The Senior Analyst will:
- Act as project lead and primary author for research content related to the European retail asset management industry;
- Build and cultivate relationships with business leaders and executives at distributors (e.g.; banks, private banks, IFA networks, insurance companies, DFMs, etc);
- Use that network to conduct ongoing qualitative research interviews related to research themes;
- Present at industry conferences, client events, and industry webcasts;
- Build and manage relationships and partnerships with industry trade associations and publications;
- Work with teammates to construct and launch surveys to asset managers, distributors, financial advisors, etc;
- Work with sales and client service team to provide support on client inquiries related to the practice’s research content;
- Manage report projects and deadlines;
- Work with other team members to provide strategic consulting to the asset management community, focusing on market-entry strategies, product-viability analysis, investors’ and intermediaries’ behaviours, competitive benchmarking, customised industry research and thought leadership.
- Use existing data sources (e.g.; Broadridge, Morningstar, etc) and find new sources of data to create exhibits relevant to our qualitative findings.
- At least 5 years of experience in the asset management industry (product development, product management, market intelligence and strategy functions preferred) or in distribution-related analytical functions (fund analyst, fund or manager selection, platform management, etc);
- An in-depth and detailed knowledge of the European mutual funds and ETFs landscape;
- Experience in the analysis of various asset classes and investment vehicles such as equity, bond and ETFs
- Proven analysis and writing skills;
- Aptitude for synthesizing data, identifying long-term trends, and providing commentary on relevant industry issues;
- Ability to cultivate a network of industry contacts for research purposes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and general data manipulation;
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge or familiarity with Broadridge and Morningstar databases a plus;
- Finance-related University degree, CFA, or IMC a plus.