Senior Application Security Engineer - London
Leading fintech are looking to expand their workforce and are actively seeking Senior Security Engineers to join their team in London. Processing billions of $s a year for over 50,000 businesses in over 25 countries they are set to grow very quickly. Vital to their growth are their privacy and security engineering teams to ensure the businesses they partner with are safe and secure.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will ensure that teams can take ownership of the security and privacy of their service. This will be achieved by setting high standards, hands-on testing and providing advice for specific projects. You'll also work closely with the Director of Privacy & Security in order to continually improve the strategy and evolution of their privacy and security. Great communication skills are essential, as you'll be part of explaining both security and privacy to merchants, clients and a broader audience.
Including but not limited to:
What you can expect
- Working to agree security and privacy standards with internal stakeholders based on the best industry practices and develop roadmaps which can balance both risk and reality.
- Performing design reviews, vulnerability assessments and security testing as well as threat modelling of the company's services and products.
- Provide expertise on security throughout the software development lifecycle and lead cross-function security initiatives.
- Strong work/life balance and flexible working post-Covid.
- Strong focus on growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals on top of a learning and conference allowance.
- Ownership and autonomy: they give people problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, you'll have end-to-end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it).
- Clear career progression.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to apply for, don't hesitate to contact me: Tom Gardner