Senior Associate, Client Services Technical Analyst
IHS Markit DeltaOne is seeking a client services professional to join the group. The role based in London provides an excellent opportunity to be the first line of support for Sell-Side customers and to gain a deep understanding of the rapidly growing $3 trillion ETF industry. There will be a high level of interaction both with customers and suppliers of data.
The position will work in liaison with the existing team globally, both sales and product teams to improve, develop and retain customer relationships, and provide support for the numerous projects and customer-facing activities that the client services team undertakes. The role will also include providing technical support to both existing and new, prospective customers, in liaison with the sales team.
The IHS Markit DeltaOne product provides data to clients primarily via WPF and web based technologies, however given the wide range of platforms used by our customers, and the data intensive nature of our work we are seeking a candidate with strong SQL/Database skills, and a good general technical understanding. Duties & accountability
- Customer-facing role - managing customer inquiries and requests
- Provide consultancy on the implementation of the DeltaOne data feeds within customer environments.
- Extract, manipulate and clean data from internal database via SQL.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers.
- Involvement in customer training and site visits.
- Proactive customer management to identify industry trends, issues and opportunities
- Supports Sales in both identifying and retaining customer relationships
- Engage in and provide support to broad cross-customer initiatives
- Foster collaboration and continued product integration across the EDA division
- Assist in developing advanced product-focused expertise in the team
Education and experience
- Candidate to be degree educated in a technology or Computer Sciences field.
- Experience in a programming language (SQL, Java, Python)
- CRM experience would be beneficial
- Financial knowledge, in particular that related to corporate actions is required. Stock lending programmes, indices, ETF's and Fixed income knowledge is also desirable
- The ideal candidate should be bright, dynamic with the resourcefulness to create and meet their own objectives in enhancing customer satisfaction.
- They need to operate as part of a global team, working on a daily basis with counterparts across the North America, EMEA & APAC regions.
- They should have great attention to detail and first class problem solving skills as well as being able to operate effectively under pressure.
- Superior written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear communicator. Able to easily adapt communication style in different situations
- Multi-lingual a plus
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.