Senior Credit Analyst, VP
Investment Portfolio Team, a unit of Global Treasury, plays a critical role in managing the Corporation's ~$100 billion investment portfolio in order to generate income and meet State Street's liquidity and collateral needs pursuant to its balance sheet strategy. The global investment portfolio team is comprised of portfolio managers, research analysts and trading personnel across the U.S., Europe, India and Australia. The candidate will be part of the research team responsible for fundamental industry research, comprehensive credit analysis, and portfolio management. Responsibilities include being a key member of the global analyst team in monitoring credit and spread performance, developing market views, and contributing to presentation and reporting materials. Candidates will also be asked to conduct ad hoc research on economic issues and circulate the findings to investment portfolio colleagues. The individual is expected to collaborate effectively within an immediate team and across organizational functions with business units, Finance, Treasury, Risk, and IT to share knowledge, expertise and guidance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage portfolio of ~60 investment grade corporate credits across the financial and industrial sectors and across geographies
- Provide detailed credit analysis of borrowers and periodic purchase and sale recommendations based on historical and projected operating performance, competitive position relative to peer group, and macro industry trends
- Monitor investment portfolio credit risk limit guidelines and recommend modifications to support purchase plan, new product initiatives and regulatory changes including collateral and liquidity guidelines
- Cultivate relationships with sell-side analysts, traders and sales coverage to identify market opportunities
- Coordinate with internal corporate partners as key contact for audit, compliance, legal, operations and risk management
- Work with global portfolio team to identify micro and macroeconomic trends that could potentially impact portfolio performance across all asset classes and ultimate balance sheet strategy.
- 10+ years of equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or any related discipline is required
- Strong analytical, math, Excel, verbal and writing skills required
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Capital IQ is a plus
- Ability to take initiative, be flexible, organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and reliable