At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommended financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £118.9 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,976 people (figures as of 05 Feb 2019).
The purpose of the role is to manage and deliver the strategy for driving customer engagement, loyalty and retention across the Consumer Division. You will be working in partnership with the wider marketing team and Group Customer Services to plan, launch and embed engagement activities that result in increased brand advocacy, reduced lapse rates and a growth in cross-sales from a an engaged customer base using a variety of channels.
What will you be doing
- Launch of an Engagement programme to the Royal London Consumer customers, both new and existing and an appropriate version to our prospects.
- Deliver retention activities focussed on month 1 cool offs and the first 3 months lapsers. Understand the drivers and feedback to the Proposition and Marketing teams with initiatives to help reduce at source.
- Create recognition / loyalty schemes that adds value to the Consumer and Royal London, making use of the internal sponsorship opportunities to ensure Customers know who Royal London are, how we are different and bring our brand and position to life.
What we’re looking for
- Strong experience and understanding of Marketing, best practise and regulatory requirements
- Experience of managing complex projects adhering to tight deadlines and budget
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and CRM with proven ability to deliver effective strategies
- Good understanding of regulatory / legislative framework within the financial services market.
Skills that will help you in the role
- Able to solves complex problems taking a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimum supervision in complex situations
- Able to influence colleagues at all levels including Board level
- Strong communicator
- Ability to interpret internal or external business issues and recommend appropriate solutions/best practices
- Organised individual with strong attention to detail and consistency across all mediums
- Excellent planning skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong negotiator
- Good motivator and self-motivator, desire to succeed
- Experience in leading campaigns/project management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.