My client provides solutions and software to the alternative investment space and they are looking for a dynamic, experienced software developer to join their London team as a Senior Developer. They are looking to hire a candidate with a Financial Services background ideally with a knowledge of CDO's (collateralised debt obligations), fixed income or structured finance.
This role provides an opportunity to work on a unique, highly configurable front office application which provides credit analysis, order management, portfolio management and compliance modules across desktop, web and mobile platforms. The role is to work on improving and extending the back-end systems with new product features as well as providing architecture leadership for new initiatives.
The development team owns the full software life-cycle of the project. The role therefore includes understanding requirements, interacting with clients directly, design/code/test/implement and production support of the platform. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with ability to build working relationships and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. They will have a willingness to take full ownership and drive projects and tasks to completion, review, discuss and work within agreed timescales and provide feedback to project managers as necessary. They will also be expected to participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
The candidate preferably has experience in finance, enjoys contributing ideas (both technical and product related) and can mentor more junior developers where required. The team here is small so there is plenty of scope to suggest, implement and take ownership of new features and technology choices.
* Experience of Agile development processes including ability to work in Sprint based deliveries.
* Willingness to suggest and implement Devops processes
* Able to assist other Developers as necessary.
* Able to evaluate and propose new technologies where appropriate
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred, but comparable work experience will be considered.
* Minimum of 7 years total software development experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience programming with the .NET framework, preferably C#
* Minimum 5 years experience with SQL (any of MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
* Experience of Python a plus
* Experience of F# a plus
* Experience of AWS / Azure a plus
* Financial services experience, particularly with Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs) or fixed income/structured finance instruments, is a plus
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: