Senior Giraffe / Zoo Risk Platform Site Reliability Engineer
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Equities Risk IT department is responsible for the end-to-end management and delivery of Information Technology for the global Equity Derivatives, Prime, Cash, SMG and Equity Fund-Linked Products businesses. The Equities business has a large and ongoing multi-year programme of work which includes strategic re-engineering of its Risk IT systems and architecture to converge on one strategic Risk Platform (Giraffe).
We are looking for a senior Site Reliability Engineer to help operate and scale the Giraffe Risk Platform within Credit Suisse. The Giraffe Risk Platform is the strategic Risk Management System (RMS) for Equities. Using an iterative, agile, test-driven approach the Giraffe project (aka 'the Zoo') excels within Credit Suisse in delivering a continuous stream of high-quality mission-critical software into production.
- Solve problems across our complex distributed platform, coordinating with users, 1st line support, product management and development teams
- Create software to improve platform operability
- Build and deploy monitoring and alerting tools
- Identify and coordinate delivery on platform performance optimisations
- Work closely with senior IT and business management to define platform strategy
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- You have deep knowledge of Unix fundamentals.
- You have experience in designing, analysing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Experience of a test-driven approach to software development
- We want you to contribute your strong interpersonal skills to our team; with other developers, the programme management teams, and user groups
- You are comfortable working on a large software system in an agile, dynamic environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.