We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.72 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,400 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
This role will require close partnership with HR business partners based in Munich, US offices and centers of excellence teams across PIMCO globally. As an accomplished senior HR business partner, you stand out as being a creative thinker with strong commercial acumen with the ability to drive competing priorities managing high expectations in a complex matrix structure. Using extensive skills and knowledge, you will make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement, workforce planning and analytics.
• Provide strategic advice and guidance to client groups in organizational planning and talent development initiatives that align the firms’ human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives.
• Build trusted advisor relationship with senior leaders and ensure strategic human capital initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization.
• Partner closely with respective HR business partners in Germany, US, APAC offices to ensure we are closely aligned on talent updates.
• Work closely with HR shared services and Centres of Excellence teams in UK and US locations.
• Provide strong support and recommend appropriate HR services to internal clients by consistent application of the existing and new, HR tools and policies including systems, all relevant contractual compensation & benefits elements and employee retention activities.
• Drive HR strategies with roll out of various talent programs eg. management and leadership programs, talent reviews and succession planning.
• Stay abreast and be well versed in new developments in HR strategies, employment law and practices providing proactive market intel.
• Determine and plan client groups’ organizational requirements, in conjunction with department heads and all line managers to fill vacancies by promotion, transfer or external recruitment to provide the most effective workforce;
• Develop and represent a clear vision and execution strategy including tactics to improve skills at all management layers within client group areas of responsibility in the organization
• To apply a nuanced understanding of how to weigh up HR risk in the context of PIMCO’s strategic and commercial objectives.
• Partner closely with HR Specialist areas e.g. Compensation, Analytics, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Development to design and implement appropriate programs in support of business goals.
• Coach, guide and mentor line managers and senior leaders in their HR leadership functions and responsibilities.
• Partner closely with senior management, legal and compliance in all regulatory and audit matters.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum of 10 years of HR experience in International organisations. Financial sector experience and working in a matrix environment highly preferred.
• Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
• Incumbents with legal and employee relations background will be an added advantage.
• Strong command of English language, both written and spoken. Ability to communicate in European languages will be an advantage.
• Strong knowledge in UK and EU employment legislation.
• Extensive experience in managing complex disciplinary, grievance, restructuring and redundancies.
• Experience in leading and managing organizational changes and transformation including restructures and HR process improvement and automation.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team; intuitive, quick learner - willing and able to handle steep learning curve.
• Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills; attention to detail.
• Experience working in a matrix, extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; prioritization, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups including working as part of a global HR team with cross border interaction.
• Proven experience building strong business partnerships and executive presence; able to establish credibility and support with operating leaders and Human Resource team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team.
• Looks to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements.