Senior Java Developer
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled individual with software engineering or site reliability engineering skills to join the global Developer Tools and Services team.
As an engineer on a flexible central team you will be responsible for the requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and support of services within our platform, the bank's strategic DevOps toolchain, used by 30,000 employees across Credit Suisse.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise grade Java-based web applications.
- Take ownership of new features across the full software development lifecycle.
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase automation across the bank.
- Provide operational support for the development platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks, improving scalability, reliability, resilience and performance.
- Provide technical expertise to the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank.
- Partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across the bank.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
As an ideal candidate you would have:
- Experience designing and developing Java web applications using frameworks.
- Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Experience managing Java applications on Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We want you to contribute your interpersonal skills to our team.
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience with Git and Jenkins.
- Experience with at least one of Angular, React or Vue.js.
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and CM tools such as SaltStack.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
- Knowledge around containers and virtualization solutions.
- Familiarity with design patterns.
- Understanding of DevOps principles and practices.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Careers .