Senior Java Engineer - Asset Management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and AUM of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Description
JPMorgan Asset Management Technology is seeking a well rounded hands-on developer that is experienced in building systems that support full Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on Beta Indexing products-from portfolio construction to portfolio execution and trading. The candidate will be part of the front-office technology team and have good business knowledge and communication skills to work with the stakeholders and develop functional specification. Successful candidate:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Will be part of the high-caliber development team that works closely with the Front Office users on end-to-end solutions
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
- Has to demonstrate interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users
- Should be able to work individually or as part of a global team to achieve project goals
- Will interact closely with the product strategy and marketing teams to deliver a brand new customer-centric platform.
- Will be responsible for full lifecycle: Coding, Compiling, Unit testing, integration, packaging and deployment of application software
- Ensure overall quality of deliverables is consistent with defined standards and Agile development practic e
At least 4-5 years of experience in a financial service environment with a focus in finance front-office applications.
- Strong core JAVA experience is required
- Agile development experience or equivalent in fast-paced development environment
- Good understanding in data persistence (SQL or non-SQL) data paradigms
- Solid financial engineering background is desirable
- Quantitative experience in the field of optimization, regression and portfolio analytics is desirable
- Prior experience developing middleware (MQ, data caching) is desirable
- Experience in front-office capital markets/investment management applications desired
- Understanding of fixed income markets is strongly desired
- Experience working with market Data Feeds
CFA, FRM, and/or Financial Engineering degree and/or risk management knowledge is a major plu s
JPMorganChase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of morethan $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.It operates across four business segments including Asset & WealthManagement, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumerand Community Banking.
J.P. MorganAsset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealthmanagement. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals andretail investors in every major market throughout the world. The divisionoffers investment management across all major asset classes including equities,fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individualinvestors, the business also provides retirement products and services,brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgagesand deposits.
Asset Management isa leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financialintermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of morethan two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, andinvestment professionals operating in every major world market, we offerinvestment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
JPMorganChase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitivecompensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employerand a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.