EDHECinfra is an academic research organisation that provides a standard reference for infrastructure investment performance. We produce impartial research and performance benchmarks that aim to improve transparency and efficiency for investors in infrastructure. EDHECinfra is part of the EDHEC Business School, ranked amongst the top 20 business schools in Europe and as the top business school for finance worldwide by the Financial Times in 2017. As part of its international development programme and in order to strengthen its development activity, EDHECinfra is recruiting a Senior Product Specialist for its London office.
Senior Product Specialist - One vacancy in London - Full-time position
The Reality Check: To do this job:
- Our work aims to create a fully-fledged infrastructure asset class with a high degree of transparency and well documented track-record. To do this job well you need to want this to happen and feel that it is your mission, as part of the team, to make it happen.
- Public speaking is a big part of the job. Like any good performer, you will have to rehearse and deliver a well-honed speech that elevates the debate, resonates with the audience, stays with people and includes some good jokes.
- Writing insightful, short and sharp copy on LinkedIn or in the FT is not just a pass-time and can be done systematically and intelligently to raise awareness to our brand and product. This is part of your job.
- The most important thing is to convince CIOs that they are better off with well-defined, representative infrastructure investment benchmarks than not. It requires a good understanding of what asset owners and managers do, and the ability to engage with them at the right level. This is much more than a sales job. It is part-ambassador, part-celebrity.
The Job Advert:
- The Senior Product Specialist is an important link between the EDHECinfra data and quant team of pure researchers and the sales team that markets the EDHECinfra index and data product offering.
- This person understands the research and methods developed at EDHECinfra and is capable of suggesting new areas of applied research that are of interest to the industry, and to write up and present the motivation and results of this research.
- This person is capable of managing and maintaining relationships with existing clients and their own teams with respect to how EDHECinfra research results are derived and can be used.
- Crucially, the Senior Product Specialist is the ‘ambassador’ of EDHECinfra around the world and is tasked with presenting and disseminating our views, ideas and results during numerous seminars, conferences, webinars etc. as well as in the press in op-eds, letters to editors and interview.
- 10 years in asset and risk management ideally in the multi-asset alternative space.
- Clear and practical knowledge of the investment management industry (asset owners and managers) and investment process and value chain is essential.
- English. Native with a very high level of literacy. Proven ability to write clear, sharp analytical documents for an audience of investment professionals at the CIO level.
- French or German useful but not essential.
- Probably CAIA-certified, proficient in alternative investment technical concepts and methodologies including private equity and private debt, credit risk models, private asset valuation techniques, structured products and portfolio allocation and construction concepts.
- A degree in maths/stats/finance would help.
- Experience of conducting and writing industry research is important.
Location: London, travel required to the US, Europe and Australia for road-show type events (2 or 3 weeks) several times a year.
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus.
An EU work permit is mandatory.
For more information about EDHECinfra, please visit www.edhec.infrastructure.institute
To apply, please sendclick the Apply Button or send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org