See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. Fin Tech
Fin Tech is part of the Technology & Data department. This group is responsible for developing Finance applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities and Investment Banking. This group is responsible for IT systems that support the generation and substantiation of regulatory reports such as 10Q, 10K and management information packs. Job Description
Within Finance IT there are a number of initiatives which require senior project management and analysis skills.
These initiatives range from the design and development of strategic architecture improvements across the system stack, through to complex & hands-on business data analysis. Each of these work items require co-ordination and insight from highly experienced participants who can bring a unique blend of technical, business and project knowledge.
This role requires a project manager/technical business analyst who will have strong understanding of a number of asset classes, of trading and risk platforms and of financial control process.
It is expected that this role will allow significant opportunity for involvement in and influence of the strategic architecture for Finance IT and will require liaison with senior stakeholder across IT and the business community. Qualifications: Skills Required
- Experience in investment banking with knowledge of sales and trading across a number of asset classes.
- Ability to structure programmes of inter-dependent deliveries
- Ability to matrix manage senior delivery managers across these programmes.
- Strong Business Analysis Skills in the Finance (Controllers) domain.
- Strong understanding of multiple asset classes, trading capture and risk.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to architect and design strategic solutions.
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks and projects, able to work with the global team, and manage time and tasks effectively and independently.
- Experience in all aspects of software development life cycle including production support and QA
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.