Supply IT Desktop and Infrastructure Services and Support for UK offices.
Ensure locally the quality of IT services delivered to End User.
• Supply Technology Desktop and Infrastructure Services and Support for the UK offices working alongside the UK Proximity Services Manager and contract of service.
• Act as deputy to UK Proximity Services Manager when required.
• Provide 3rd line escalation support to existing 1st and 2nd line 360 (desktop support) teams assisting to efficient and satisfactory resolution. Take ownership of complex cases through to resolution.
• Act as primary contact for IT systems based in London but supported by global teams based in other locations. Services include but not limited to networks, telephony and printing.
• Manage support funded project activities for the UK remit ensuring correct costs and resources are applied to meet agreed delivery specifications.
• Continual Service Improvements through ongoing analysis of UK 360 activity providing service training and technical development for the UK based 360 team.
• Enhance self-help services for end users using self-help portal, knowledge database, and onsite training.
• Maintain adequate and accurate documentation on procedures, standards, desktop and server equipment inventory, etc
a. Responsible to follow the company guidelines / regulations to ensure company data is held in a secure manner, including electronic access or in written format.
b. any security issues or potential security breaches must be raised with his or her manager to ensure any potential issues can be secured.
• Fluent English is essential
• A minimum of 5 years IT working experience in desktop support, windows server administration, preferably within a similar high demanding Investment Management organisation is requested.
Knowledge and Skills
• Desktop environment skills and office IT tools
• Understanding of IT technology
• Ability to work with people and in understanding and supportive manner
• To have a good overall comprehension of financial activities and Asset Management.
• To deliver added value to the Business by making improvements or suggestions on day-to-day responsibility’s area or beyond
• Demonstrates commitment to their job and colleagues.
• To be diplomatic and to have the capacity to work in stressful environment
• Thinks laterally to solve problems.
• To be able to manage their time in the most efficient manner
• To have excellent communication skills, orally or in writing
Team Working/Positive attitude
• To always run an excellent team spirit and positive behaviour
• To see changes as a sized opportunity rather than a constraint.
• Proactive mindset, demonstrates initiative and able to work under pressure
• Uses extensive experience to provide solutions to complex technical issues
• Rapidly understands complex data, business issues and processes
Technical Skill/Excellent working knowledge of
• Microsoft environment (Operating System, Server, Active Directory, SCCM, Computer Management)
• Office applications (Advanced Troubleshooting Skills)
• Cloud solutions
• Exchange Management (Mail systems)
• Citrix Environment (Console Management, VDI & VDA)
• Desktop – Hardware and configuration
• Printing - Hardware and configuration
• LAN / WAN wired and wireless technologies
• Conferencing Services (Audio, Video, Bridges)
• Smart Phone and Mobile Device Management solutions
• TOIP and softphone services
• ServiceNow Workload Management Tool
• An understanding of Front Office applications and Investment systems