Senior Relationship Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The job holder will be employed by Wells Fargo Bank NA in London and is expected to play a lead role in supporting CIB relationship development objectives. Primary goal is to manage a portfolio of FI clients, predominantly UK banks, executing defined account plan objectives by undertaking a mix of internal and customer orientated tasks, partnering closely with product teams and respective industry vertical heads to support delivery of value-added solutions to clients. Responsibilities:
- Grow and maintain a portfolio of profitable financial institution clients through a proactive, strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and prospecting relationship management effort. Candidate must have a demonstrated track record in engaging with clients and developing strategic dialogue at a senior level.
- Support Global Relationship Management coverage model by developing and executing global strategic client account plans for assigned relationships with a primary focus on building lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels, including the C-Suite.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs and identify key business opportunities within the assigned client base through proactive research, dialogue with clients, product partner collaboration and analysis of financial statements.
- Represent the full spectrum of banking products and services to deliver a seamless, cohesive and coordinated coverage proposition globally, working closely with other team members. Understand and anticipate clients' needs and proactively identify solutions in conjunction with relevant product partners and keeping abreast of new product capabilities as applicable.
- Support the annual global credit review process and ad-hoc credit requests for the assigned portfolio. Provide ongoing input and direction in relation to credit limits required to support business development.
- Support the production of AML/compliance memos for assigned portfolio, helping the risk underwriting team with assessment of the global compliance risks (including participating in client discussions).
- Effectively handle compliance, credit and regulatory matters ensuring that documentation requirements are met.
- As required, provide guidance and other support to facilitate the successful operation of the CIB division, for example in organizing customer events and senior management visits.
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Extensive industry experience covering financial institutions, particularly banks.
- In-depth understanding of commercial products (lending, deposits, payments clearing) as well as securities products and services, including debt capital markets; asset backed finance; rates; FX; structured derivatives; fixed income sales & trading; asset management.
- Demonstrated ability to build client relationships at a senior level.
- Fluency in English is required (oral/written).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of bank counterparty credit analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of relevant AML/compliance and risk regulations.
- Team player with proven ability to build open, constructive and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and client decision-makers.
- Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA) in business/international relationship/economic/finance or a related field is beneficial.
- Understanding of external factors such as market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances and how they impact the client base
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team environment and liaise with multiple office locations, RM teams and product teams across the world.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.