EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Release Manager
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
FIS a global leader in financial systems software are currently seeking a Senior Release Manager to join the Post-Trade Securities division in Canary Wharf.
The Post Trade Securities team within the FIS Institutional & Wholesale organisation has recently received an injection of investment to enable team growth required to support increasing demands of its key clients.
Stream RIMS (Real-Time Integrated Multi–Instruments Solution) is a real-time securities post-execution processing solution for the middle and back office.
Owns the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the RIMS application. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, security improvements, and projects. Where necessary provides tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the RIMS Release Calendar, working closely with Development Managers, centralizing a view of all releases, and leads the effort of defining the direction for release management tools.
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across RIMS products
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and Quality
o Gatekeeper for what goes in to releases
o Ensure releases follow a strict schedule
o Ensure Quality procedures have been followed
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time
• Be aware of all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews
• Co-ordinate Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Monthly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Work with Development to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.